Ski With Me
Parents - Learn how to get your kiddos out on the Snow!
Ski-With-Me Beginner: 3-4 year old & a Parent (or other adult)
The Beginner Ski with Me is for parents who already know how to ski but their little tikes don't.
This is an introductory program to Snow Sports for 3 - 4 year old children and a parent. Our instructors will introduce your child to fun on the snow while also helping you improve your technique and teach you ways you can practice together outside of class. Parents will be taught how to fit equipment, what to wear, and activities off the snow that would compliment snow sports. Parents will be shown the basics for a child's ski progression and how to set reasonable expectations. The primary objective of the lesson would be for the child to have fun and for the parents to learn correct information to help their child on the snow.
After the basic information, the child would learn actual ski/ride maneuvers. Once the child can make turns and stop and the instructor feels they are capable, they would be eligible for Snow Monsters, even if they are not old enough, with the parent encouraged to take a lesson while their child is in Snow Monsters. This is a 2 hour lesson. Reservations required.
INCLUDES: Adult Lift & Rental Ticket, Child (age 3-4) Lift & Rental ticket, ski lessons for both
WHEN: Weekends at 10AM and 2:30 PM
- Each session is a 2 hour lesson. Reservation required.
Reservations & cancellations
You can now make reservations online. Reservations required AT LEAST 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE...if the date is blacked out on the shopping cart calendar, you are too close to the date to process on-line and will need to call Ski School for reservations. Call 816-640-2200 ext 206 or 216 to reach our Ski School department. You can also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once Snow Creek is open for the season, Online Tickets will be available.
There are NO Refunds for NO Shows. If circumstances arise where you cannot make your reservation, call our Ski School department at call 816-640-2200 ext 206 or 216 at least 24 hours in advance and they will be happy to reschedule. If rescheduling is not possible, your online purchase will be refunded to a Creek Cash Card in the amount of your reservation for future use at Snow Creek.
- Please arrive early enough to get your tickets and take a bathroom break.
- Stop by the Group Sales/Will Call window inside the lodge to purchase or redeem online tickets. Ticket windows open at 8:30am.
- Check In: 9:45am for Morning Session & 2:15pm for Afternoon Session
- Make sure your child is dressed and ready to go.
- Meet at the Snow Monster's registration desk inside the lodge. No need to get your equipment before check-in, Ski School will assist.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Review the weather forecast. Dress your child appropriately: Calf or knee length socks (non-cotton are best), waterproof gloves, a winter hat, and wind proof jacket and pants are recommended. Sunscreen and sunglasses/goggles may be needed for a sunny day.
- Please, no knitted gloves. they soak up water fast and snow sticks to them. Sturdy gloves will make it easier to hold onto the rope tow.
- Dress in layers. Bring extra socks and gloves. Remember, you can always remove or add clothing if you have it.
- Know your child's height and weight before arrival. It is important that this information is accurate as it will be used to issue equipment for your child.
- Make sure your child has had a hearty meal or snack prior to the lesson.
- A warm and dry kid is a happy kid!